Collection: Part 1

Research

Research on "Jacket" Project

2019.09.15

Love the way that they use X-ray to scan the inside of the dresses. 

Dresses in the x-ray

2017.09.13

Polytheism - religion - Caodaism - Islamism - Christians - Voodooism

We start with thinking about the things that represent its worship or ritual such as persian rug for Islamism, window for Christians, Voodoo doll for voodooism. Each religion has its own totem to represent strong belief, we come up with an idea about making a totem pole that each parts stands for different religion and connect to each other to represent the polytheism part, because we think in this world there is already much religion exists at the same time, it seems like a conflict but actually relates, and that is obscure.

2017.09.12

2017.09.12

For the first idea that our group has come out, we are focusing on religion such as buddhism and christians to give a idea about conflict between to each other. However, there are still some connections to religion such as totem to represent strong belief to it. That's why polytheism exists.

2017.09.12

-Voodooism

-Artist, Jean Paul Basquiat

"Jean Michel Basquiat 1982 Untitled (Ernok) - from Set I"

- https://luissioamclavijo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/voodoo-child-ernok-of-jean-michel.html?q=voodoo+child

Jean-Michel Basquiat 1982 Untitled (Ernok).jpg

Obscurity

2017.09.12

Mesh & Obscure

368880430.jpg

"Beggars and iPhones"

"Beggars and iPhones"

2017.09.15

Based on what we would do on Monday's one day project, I went to the Balenciaga exhibition to look at these creative shapes, and I was drawn into these dramatic silhouette. 

V&A Balenciaga exhibition

Research on Buddhism

It is really funny that many people have been misappropriating that all buddhists are vegans, but that is not the fact. In buddhism, all the buddhists are treated by other people who want to help them. I did some research on how one of the Ten Rules talks about being vegans. It says that as long as you don't see, smell, know the meat from people who gave you, you can eat it. I think from this point, It is pretty obvious that reflects how people misunderstand the concept of being a vegan to obscure the culture of buddhism. 

The URL to the picture below : https://baike.baidu.com/item/%E5%8D%81%E8%AF%B5%E5%BE%8B/2008174?fr=aladdin

Ten rules

2017.09.13

"VOODOO" by Henning Christoph - Hans Oberlander

This picture giving me a feel of obscurity because the voodooist is behind the mesh, it seems mysterious. I know what voodooism is, it reminds me of voodoo doll and sacrifice, but maybe that's not the origin of voodooism. There are more things that I definitely need to discover.

2017.09.13

2017.09.12

Our group's mind map, hand written by Nicole Warner

Caodaism

Caodaism, a religion that combine with Buddhism, Christians and Islamic which our group think that is interesting because it reveals polytheism and obscurity.

2017.09.12